Students enrolled in the Jewish Learning Experience (JLE) will participate in college-level classes and are eligible to earn undergraduate-level college credits at American Jewish University. Your courses will be a combination of coursework completed online with in-person reflective conversations.
There are many ways you’ll benefit by enrolling in the JLE:
- Deepening your knowledge of Jewish heritage, culture, and faith: Our curriculum is designed to provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the rich history and traditions of the Jewish people while preparing you to confidently engage in dialogue with others on a wide range of Jewish beliefs and experiences.
- Earning college credits: By participating in the JLE, you will have the opportunity to earn undergraduate-level college credits. This gives you a head start on your higher education and will help you prepare for your future academic and professional goals.
- Gaining valuable life skills: Our program not only focuses on academic learning but also encourages the development of critical thinking, communication, and leadership skills, helping you to become well-rounded individuals who are prepared for success in all areas of life.
- Building a supportive community: Our program is designed to increase a student’s sense of community and belonging, connecting you with peers who share your passion for Jewish learning. This supportive network will provide you with lifelong connections and friendships.
- Developing your own unique Jewish identity: Through learning about the history and traditions of the Jewish people, you will gain and be able to articulate a deeper understanding of their own identity.