Federal and state government grants based on financial need are common, and do not need to be repaid. Eligibility for Federal and State grants require a completed FAFSA and application for financial aid prior to award.

  • Pell Grant

    Pell Grants are funded by the federal government. Check http://www.ed.gov for the latest information.

  • Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (SEOG)

    Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants are funded by the federal government and grant builds on the Pell Grant program to provide increased funds for full-time undergraduate students with the highest need.

  • Cal Grant

    Cal Grants differ in amounts and requirements and are funded by the State of California for undergraduate California residents only. If your Award includes a Cal Grant, please note that it is contingent on confirmation of your eligibility from the California Student Aid Commission. Check for periodic state budget updates. Students may apply by filing the FAFSA and submitting a GPA verification form to the California Student Aid Commission before the March 2nd deadline. 

    Click here to obtain the GPA Verification Form and Instructions.

    To be considered for a Cal Grant award, you must complete both requirements:

    • You must complete either a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) with the Federal processor at www.fafsa.ed.gov or a California Dream Application with the California Student Aid Commission (Commission) at https://dream.csac.ca.gov by the March 2nd deadline. 
    • You must ensure that a certified Grade Point Average (GPA) is submitted to the California Student Aid Commission by the same date.

    Are you wondering if your Cal Grant GPA has been received by the Commission? After you have filed a FAFSA, you can go on-line and check the status of your Cal Grant application by logging on to www.webgrants4students.org and creating a WebGrants for Students account. This secure site will let you view the status of your Cal Grant application, update your address, view payment history, or report your college of attendance to the Commission