Our Doctorate in Education in Early Childhood Education Leadership (EdD) program will prepare you to think strategically; understand and apply current trends in both early childhood education and Jewish education; and become an advocate for young children, their families, and the Jewish Community.
This is an ONLINE program.
The EdD program consists of two years of online coursework where you will become proficient in qualitative and quantitative research methods, APA formatting, current trends in early childhood research in Jewish education, as well as how to implement these into practice in Jewish early childhood education programs. Each student is provided with mentorship and collaborative learning opportunities for the duration of the program. In the third year, students will complete their concept paper and applied dissertation.
EdD ECE Degree Requirements
Candidates in this program are required to attend a five-day in-person residency in Los Angeles at American Jewish University during the first year of their studies. The EdD Intensive is an in-person experience that provides students with the opportunity to meet their classmates and professors in-person while completing collaborative learning activities and exercises designed to build upon essential leadership skills.
EDD ECE PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
Students who complete the program will develop the skills necessary to:
- Assess, reflect, and apply personal and organizational principles and practices to drive organizational improvements.
- Evaluate and integrate theoretical foundations of leadership and Jewish values to improve current practices in Jewish early childhood education programs.
- Model high standards of communication and ethical practice.
- Create and use evidence-based research to improve practice in the field of Jewish early childhood education
EdD PROGRAM DETAILS
- Complete a doctorate (EdD) in 3 years
- 55 semester units total completed in-residence and online with AJU
- 5 day in-person residency program
- Tuition information can be found at: https://www.aju.edu/financial-aid/tuition-and-fees
To learn more, email Early Childhood Coordinator Megan Blicha at blicha.megan [at] aju.edu.
Would you like us to contact you? Simply fill out the form below and click submit and our Admissions Coordinator will be in touch with you shortly.