Students with documented disabilities may contact Academic Affairs to request accommodations.  Students must submit documentation that meets the criteria for requesting accommodations in higher education.  Please note that an IEP (previously submitted for high school classes) is not acceptable.

Policy on Documentation for Disability Accommodations

The Americans with Disability Act (ADA) of 1990 and Section 504 (of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973) mandate equal opportunities for students to participate in or benefit from services offered by a place of public access, including private universities.  A qualified individual under these two Acts must have a physical, mental or learning impairment which substantially limits one or more major life activities.  Moreover, a qualified, disabled student must meet the academic and technical standards required for admission or participation in an educational program or activity. AJU does not waive academic requirements for degrees or alter admissions criteria for any student, but the university makes every effort to try and provide reasonable accommodations when presented with appropriate, compliant documentation.  

More information: Documentation for Disability Accommodation handout