Opening Doors: Talking to Your Adult Children About What Matters Most
When your kids become adults, parenting takes on new dimensions. Connecting with your adult children about what matters most can be a source of great meaning, but it's not always so simple. We’re here to help. AJU’s Opening Doors program will help you develop the skills to create meaningful conversations with your adult children. Facilitated by top-notch therapist Debbi Molnar, LMFT, this 4-part online learning series will focus on practical tools and techniques, helping you feel more prepared to open and re-open these lines of communication.
- Session 1: Understanding the Changing Landscape & Creating Curious Conversations
- Session 2: Think Before You Speak: Managing Emotional Reactivity
- Session 3: Bumps in the Road: How to Have a Difficult Conversation
- Session 4: Keep Calm and Carry On: Troubleshooting & Wrap-up
Opening Doors of the Maas Center for Jewish Journeys, and is made possible by the Doris Factor Endowment Fund of the Jewish Community Foundation of Los Angeles.
Opening Doors 2022 Upcoming Dates:
- March 20 - April 10: Sundays, 3-5pm PST
- November 13 - December 11 (not meeting Thanksgiving Weekend): Sundays, 3-5pm PST
If you have any questions, please reach out to Myra Meskin, myra.meskinaju.edu.