Give your relationship the love and attention it deserves!
Join for a 2-night all-inclusive retreat in the beautiful hills of the Brandeis-Bardin Campus of AJU.
In the beautiful and serene setting of the Brandeis-Bardin Campus, this weekend retreat provides a safe environment to develop and enrich intimate, loving relationships for all committed couples considering marriage or partnership, currently engaged, or recently married (less than five years).
During the weekend, couples will:
- Identify areas of strength and growth in intimacy, communication, finances, lifestyle, family, religion, and more
- Learn communication tools to resolve conflict with respect and love.
- Infuse the relationship with intentionality and care it deserves.
- Develop techniques for engaging in difficult conversations, expectation setting, and hot topics.
- Address financial planning and the emotional aspects of money.
- Have individualized time with a licensed therapist, rabbi, and financial planner.
We warmly welcome LGBTQ+ couples and interfaith couples to participate.
Please note: With the intention of safeguarding our community, American Jewish University has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy. Full vaccination for COVID-19 is required for participation in this retreat. Please contact Rabbi Myra Meskin, myra.meskin [at] aju.edu with questions or concerns.
Cottages: Our stand-alone cottages have several private rooms available in each cottage, each with two full size beds, desk and chairs, ample closet space, a mini-fridge, and a private shower (no bathtub). Linens are included for your stay. All rooms have heat & air conditioning. Cottage doors lead directly outside (no central lobby).
Food & Meals
The retreat includes 6 delicious, meals (Friday dinner through Sunday dinner) and lots of snacks throughout the day. All food is Kosher, certified by KosherLA.
Click here for a sample schedule.
To attend Marriage for Life: Weekend Retreat, all participants must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination will be required in the registration page. Per state and county law, all participants must wear a mask on campus when indoors and practice social distancing when possible. Additionally, all participants and staff will be administered a rapid-test upon arrival.
Payment & Cancellation Policy
Registration will close on October 9th, 2021. All payments must be made in full by that date.
- Cancellations prior to October 1, 2021: Full refund
- Cancellations between October 2-8, 2021: 50% refund
- Cancellations on/after October 9, 2021: No refunds
If AJU cancels the program for any reason we will refund your money in full.
The price is $575/couple, which includes accommodations, delicious Kosher meals, materials, and programming. Limited scholarships are available. Please contact Rabbi Myra Meskin, myra.meskin [at] aju.edu or (310) 440-1274 for further information.