Give your relationship the love and attention it deserves!
Join for a 2-night all-inclusive retreat in the beautiful hills of the Brandeis-Bardin Campus of AJU.
In the beautiful and serene setting of the Brandeis-Bardin Campus, this weekend retreat provides a safe environment to develop and enrich intimate, loving relationships for all committed couples considering marriage or partnership, currently engaged, or recently married (less than five years).
During the weekend, couples will:
- Identify areas of strength and growth in intimacy, communication, finances, lifestyle, family, religion, and more
- Learn communication tools to resolve conflict with respect and love.
- Infuse the relationship with intentionality and care it deserves.
- Develop techniques for engaging in difficult conversations, expectation setting, and hot topics.
- Address financial planning and the emotional aspects of money.
- Have individualized time with a licensed therapist, rabbi, and financial planner.
We warmly welcome LGBTQ+ couples and interfaith couples to participate.
Cottages: Our stand-alone cottages have several private rooms available in each cottage, each with two full size beds, desk and chairs, ample closet space, a mini-fridge, and a private shower (no bathtub). Linens are included for your stay. All rooms have heat & air conditioning. Cottage doors lead directly outside (no central lobby).
Food & Meals
The retreat includes 6 delicious, meals (Friday dinner through Sunday dinner) and lots of snacks throughout the day. All food is Kosher, certified by KosherLA.
Click here for a sample schedule.
To attend Marriage for Life: Weekend Retreat, all participants must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination will be required in the registration page. Consequently, meals and activities will be permitted to take place indoors without the need for mandatory masking or physical distancing.
You are welcome to bring pets with you, but please note the following:
- We charge an additional $75 cleaning fee.
- Your dog must be on a leash when it is not in your room.
- Please be sure to pick up defecation and discard it one of our outdoor trash cans.
- Please no animals in our dining halls.
- You must provide food and water for your pet.
- Please also remember that we are located in the Santa Susana Mountains. As such, there are many animals who wander our property – please keep an eye on your pet at all times.
Payment & Cancellation Policy
Registration will close on August 9th, 2021. All payments must be made in full by that date.
- Cancellations prior to August 1, 2021: Full refund
- Cancellations between August 2-8, 2021: 50% refund
- Cancellations on/after August 9, 2021: No refunds
If AJU cancels the program for any reason we will refund your money in full.
The price is $575/couple, which includes accommodations, delicious Kosher meals, materials, and programming. Limited scholarships are available. Please contact Rabbi Morris Panitz, morris.panitzaju.edu (), (310) 440-1274 for further information.