Marriage: For Life programs are for all committed couples, whether married for not. We warmly welcome LGBTQ+ couples and interfaith couples to participate.
Marriage For Life: Foundation Course
Relationships require ongoing care and attention. This 4-part online learning series, delivered over Zoom, provides couples with an introduction to the foundational skills that will help your relationship thrive. Regardless of how long you’ve been together, carving out intentional time to dedicate to the health of your relationship pays dividends. Facilitated by top-notch therapist, Debbi Molnar, LMFT, each 2-hour session offers both conceptual theory and practical tools to help couples navigate common relationship challenges.
Workshops take place on 4 consecutive Sundays and cover the following topics:
- Session 1: #Relationship Goals: Setting intentions and expressing love
- Session 2: Think Before You Speak: Best practices in safe communication
- Session 3: Fighting Fairly: Conflict resolution in stressful times
- Session 4: Keep Calm and Carry On: Troubleshooting bumps in the road
Maximum 20 couples per cohort. Interested in learning more or registering for the January 30 - February 27, 2022 series, contact Rabbi Myra Meskin, myra.meskin [at] aju.edu, (310) 440-1274.
Marriage for Life: Foundation Course 2022 Upcoming Dates:
- May 4-25, 2022: Sundays, 7-9pm PST
- September 14 - October 12 (not meeting on Yom Kippur): Wednesdays, 7-9pm PST
Marriage For Life: Empty Nesters
Join us for a 3-day workshop at our Familian campus to strengthen your relationship and reconnect with your partner in the next chapter of your lives. It's truly a gift when two people grow through the years in marriage. You make choices together that shape your lives in rich, meaningful ways – creating families, experiences, and memories.
However, like any living thing, relationships are not stagnant and need to be nurtured to grow and flourish. As partners, it is important to attend to each other in order to create a deep, sustainable connection. As you enter this next stage of life together and shift from a life revolving around children to reconnecting as partners, this workshop, facilitated by top-notch therapist, Debbi Molnar, LMFT, will give you an opportunity to:
- Reconnect with each other
- Strengthen your communication
- Express love and appreciation
- Create a vision for your future together
- Address areas of possible concern: money, sex/intimacy, health and wellness, family relationships, etc.
Price per couple: $575
Maximum 20 couples per cohort. The next upcoming Marriage for Life: Empty Nesters is June 10-12, 2022. Contact Rabbi Myra Meskin, myra.meskin [at] aju.edu, (310) 440-1274 with questions.
Marriage For Life: Weekend Retreat
In the beautiful and serene settings of our Familian and Brandeis-Bardin Campuses, this retreat provides a safe, open environment to learn to share, develop and enrich intimate loving relationships. The retreat is for couples considering marriage, engaged or recently married (less than five years).
During the weekend, couples will:
- Identify areas of strength and growth in intimacy, communication, finances, lifestyle, family, religion and more.
- Learn communication tools to resolve conflict with respect and love.
- Discover how family history influences marriage.
- Discuss expectations and hot topics, values and traditions.
- Address financial planning and emotional aspects of money.
- Open to Jewish and interfaith couples.
- Includes sessions with licensed therapists, a rabbi and a financial planner, accommodations and meals.
Click here for a sample schedule
Price is per couple ($575) and includes tuition price of $475 and materials fees of $100. Scholarships are available.
2022 Retreat Dates: August 19-21, November 4-6
Maximum 12 couples per retreat. Interested in learning more or getting on the waitlist for 2021, contact Rabbi Myra Meskin, myra.meskin [at] aju.edu, (310) 440-1274
Marriage For Life is a program of the Maas Center for Jewish Journeys, and is made possible by the Doris Factor Endowment Fund of the Jewish Community Foundation of Los Angeles.