Certificate Program in Teacher Coaching and Mentoring
The Certification Program in Teacher Coaching and Mentoring creates mentor teachers who will learn to make instruction and professional improvements for the classroom a priority within the culture of their school. Well trained mentor teachers can remain inside the classroom while providing growth opportunities for faculty and providing new teachers support and collaboration during their first years on the job.
The program will provide the social, emotional and cognitive skills for mentors to be successful with their mentees within a cohort model of learning. The certification also provides mid-career professional growth in the field of education. Participants will receive three (3) academic credits.
- Minimum of 7 years working as lead instructor in a classroom
- Leadership roles assumed inside of school
- MA in education or relevant field (also open to current MAT students)
- Previous experience working with teachers to improve instruction recommended
- You must mentor a teacher for the duration of the program
- One three-day workshop held in August
- Once a month evening sessions for 9 months
Emerging Leadership Certificate Program
By enrolling in the emerging leadership certificate program you will gain a clear pathway to leadership within your day school, camp, synagogue supplemental program, or in another similar teaching environment. You will learn about what questions to ask, and develop the skill set and knowledge base necessary to develop top leadership skills. The program will help you gain a practical view for what it means to lead effectively and with vision.
Join a cohort of like-minded, emerging professionals working on their journey toward leadership.
- Working in a Jewish day school, camp, part-time education, or other Jewish
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Desire to explore one’s leadership passions and capabilities
- One three-hour evening session per month
- 10 sessions total