Marriage: For Life programs are for all committed couples, whether married for not. We warmly welcome LGBTQ+ couples and interfaith couples to participate.
Marriage For Life: Foundation Course
Relationships require ongoing care and attention. This 4-part online learning series, delivered over Zoom, provides couples with an introduction to the foundational skills that will help your relationship thrive. Regardless of how long you’ve been together, carving out intentional time to dedicate to the health of your relationship pays dividends. Facilitated by top-notch therapist, Debbi Molnar, LMFT, each 2-hour session offers both conceptual theory and practical tools to help couples navigate common relationship challenges.
Workshops take place on 4 consecutive Sundays and cover the following topics:
- Session 1: #Relationship Goals: Setting intentions and expressing love
- Session 2: Think Before You Speak: Best practices in safe communication
- Session 3: Fighting Fairly: Conflict resolution in stressful times
- Session 4: Keep Calm and Carry On: Troubleshooting bumps in the road
Maximum 20 couples per cohort. Interested in learning more or registering for the April 11-May 2, 2021 series, contact Rabbi Morris Panitz, morris.panitz [at] aju.edu, (310) 440-1274.
Marriage For Life: Sex and Money
This 4-part online learning series, delivered over Zoom provides, couples with the opportunity to discuss and begin designing a vision and action plan around two essential (and often challenging) areas of most long-term relationships: sex/intimacy and money/finances. Facilitated by top-notch therapist Debbi Molnar, LMFT and Dan Fienberg, Certified Financial Planner, each 2-hour session offers both conceptual theory and practical tools to help couples understand each other’s points of view about sex and money. Regardless of how long you’ve been together, carving out intentional time to dedicate to the health of your relationship pays dividends!
- Session 1: Sex and Intimacy: Myth Busting and Creating a Personal Vision for Your Sex Life
- Session 2: Sex and Intimacy: Bumps in the Road and Creating a Couples’ Vision and Action Plan
- Session 3: Money and Finances: Addressing the Emotional Aspects of Money
- Session 4: Money and Finances: Creating a Vision and Action Plan
Price per couple: $295
Maximum 20 couples per cohort. Interested in learning more or registering for the May 16-June 13, 2021 series, contact Rabbi Morris Panitz, morris.panitz [at] aju.edu, (310) 440-1274.
Marriage For Life: Weekend Retreat
In the beautiful and serene settings of our Familian and Brandeis-Bardin Campuses, this retreat provides a safe, open environment to learn to share, develop and enrich intimate loving relationships. The retreat is for couples considering marriage, engaged or recently married (less than five years).
During the weekend, couples will:
- Identify areas of strength and growth in intimacy, communication, finances, lifestyle, family, religion and more.
- Learn communication tools to resolve conflict with respect and love. --Discover how family history influences marriage.
- Discuss expectations and hot topics, values and traditions.
- Address financial planning and emotional aspects of money.
- Open to Jewish and interfaith couples.
- Includes sessions with licensed therapists, a rabbi and a financial planner, accommodations and meals.
Click here for a sample schedule
Price is per couple ($575) and includes tuition price of $475 and materials fees of $100. Scholarships are available.
2021 Retreat Dates: August 20-22 and October 22-24
Maximum 12 couples per retreat. Interested in learning more or getting on the waitlist for 2021, contact Rabbi Morris Panitz, morris.panitz [at] aju.edu, (310) 440-1274
Marriage For Life is a program of the Maas Center for Jewish Journeys, and is made possible by the Doris Factor Endowment Fund of the Jewish Community Foundation of Los Angeles.