Marriage: For Life programs are for all committed couples, whether married for not. We warmly welcome LGBTQ+ couples and interfaith couples to participate.
Marriage For Life: Foundation Course
Relationships require ongoing care and attention. This 4-part online learning series, delivered over Zoom, provides couples with an introduction to the foundational skills that will help your relationship thrive. Regardless of how long you’ve been together, carving out intentional time to dedicate to the health of your relationship pays dividends. Facilitated by top-notch therapist, Debbi Molnar, LMFT, each 2-hour session offers both conceptual theory and practical tools to help couples navigate common relationship challenges.
Workshops take place on 4 consecutive Sundays and cover the following topics:
- Session 1: #Relationship Goals: Setting intentions and expressing love
- Session 2: Think Before You Speak: Best practices in safe communication
- Session 3: Fighting Fairly: Conflict resolution in stressful times
- Session 4: Keep Calm and Carry On: Troubleshooting bumps in the road
Marriage For Life: Foundation Course costs $165/couple. Some couples add-on a one-hour private dialogue session ($125) with a therapist/coach to supplement the Foundation Course.
Maximum 20 couples per cohort. Interested in learning more or getting on the waitlist for 2021, contact Rabbi Morris Panitz, morris.panitz [at] aju.edu, (310) 440-1274.
Marriage For Life: Weekend Retreat
In the beautiful and serene settings of our Familian and Brandeis-Bardin Campuses, this retreat provides a safe, open environment to learn to share, develop and enrich intimate loving relationships. The retreat is for couples considering marriage, engaged or recently married (less than five years).
During the weekend, couples will:
- Identify areas of strength and growth in intimacy, communication, finances, lifestyle, family, religion and more.
- Learn communication tools to resolve conflict with respect and love. --Discover how family history influences marriage.
- Discuss expectations and hot topics, values and traditions.
- Address financial planning and emotional aspects of money.
- Open to Jewish and interfaith couples.
- Includes sessions with licensed therapists, a rabbi and a financial planner, accommodations and meals.
Click here for a sample schedule
Price is per couple ($575) and includes tuition price of $475 and materials fees of $100. Scholarships are available.
Maximum 12 couples per retreat. Interested in learning more or getting on the waitlist for 2021, contact Rabbi Morris Panitz, morris.panitz [at] aju.edu, (310) 440-1274
Marriage For Life is a program of the Maas Center for Jewish Journeys, and is made possible by the Doris Factor Endowment Fund of the Jewish Community Foundation of Los Angeles.