American Jewish University is always seeking exceptional people to help fulfill our mission. If you're interested in working for AJU, feel free to email your resume or contact the Department of Human Resources at hraju.edu.
Job Title: Communications Manager
Status: Full Time
Supervisor: Vice President Communications
Based in Los Angeles, American Jewish University (AJU) is an educational institution like no other, embracing learners of all ages and using its convening power to meet the needs of the entire Jewish community. Choosing a career with AJU means joining an institution during a time of a new vision, ready to explore unchartered territories in Jewish education. With a vibrant mission and values, great benefits, and strong community involvement, AJU is an ideal team to join.
AJU seeks a creative self-starter who can shape, execute and support external marketing and communications. The areas of specific emphasis are digital communication strategies focused on the promotion of programs across the various University sub brands, management of key social media platforms, and work on maintenance and support of the website.
The successful candidate will be able to work independently under the general supervision of the Vice President of Communications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates and implements marketing, communication and branding strategies in alignment with the strategic goals and vision of the University and in consultation with the Vice President of Communications across multiple brands, platforms and properties.
- Lead management of daily AJU web updates with hands-on, daily content management and updating in Drupal.
- Assist with digital ADA compliance analysis, implementation and ongoing refinement to meet regulations and benchmarks.
- Provides strong support to the Office of Innovation through the development of strategic communications with prospective students and members, event activation campaigns, including but not limited to social media, email marketing campaigns, reporting, analytics, etc.
- Proactively develops and manages digital content for delivery on University website and social spaces including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and other relevant social networking sites and manages all social media related content for the AJU brand, including writing, editing, image curation and updating content on an ongoing basis aimed at enhancing the University's brand identity consistent with AJU's mission.
- Develop a process to manage an asset library of University images, photos and video
- Provide counsel and support to departments, administrative leadership, faculty, staff and students in developing strategic social media plans while working closely with departments to ensure brand-consistent content and messaging.
- Collaborates and manages effective social media advertising campaigns for multiple departments aimed at increasing brand awareness and driving prospective student acquisition and engagement.
- Monitors any and all mentions of the organization on and off line; tracks alerts and monitors social media sites as well as tracking and removing outdated or inaccurate social media content.
- Develops, plans and executes digital communications, including the creation of automated processes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- A combination of four years of work experience in communications and marketing
- Experience with print and digital communications media
- Effective communicator both in written and oral forms
- Experience with new/emerging trends in communications
- Ability to organize, plan, control and prioritize work/projects and regularly communicate progress to appropriate stake holders
Additional Desirable Qualifications
- Experience in web management software such as Wordpress or Drupal
- Experience in email marketing systems such as Constant Contact, MyEmma or MailChimp
- Experience in social media platforms, including business and ad manager for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Mastery of Microsoft Office software of tools
- Basic experience in graphic design tools such as Photoshop and Canva
- Position may require occasional travel between the Familian Campus in Los Angeles and the Brandeis-Bardin Campus in Simi Valley
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume/CV with salary history via email to communicationsaju.edu. Only resumes with cover letter will be considered. Please no calls.