American Jewish University is always seeking exceptional people to help fulfill our mission. If you're interested in working for AJU, feel free to email your resume or contact the Department of Human Resources at hr aju.edu.
Social Media Coordinator
The Social Media Coordinator provides general organizational support for a variety of projects, campaigns, programs, and administrative tasks for the Office of Communications. The role will support in coordinating communications and social media campaigns with a focus on boosting the University’s Instagram presence, assist in the development and execution of digital content, and monitor and report key analytics on marketing campaigns. This administrative role also involves ensuring departmental payables are requested, expense reports completed, and budgets tracked. Additional duties may include but are not limited to management of promotional materials, updating website content, new project development, and other duties as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support marketing efforts for social media, curate content, and ensure presence is consistent with brand objectives
- Manage several Instagram accounts, including the broad AJU account, and sub-brand accounts, such as BCI, Intro to Judaism, etc.
- Work towards audience growth and engagement on social media
- Assist communications team in developing and implementing a communications strategy designed to further university objectives
- Monitor Meta, Google and other analytics and create reports detailing the successes and opportunities of communications campaigns and strategies
- Complete general administrative support duties for the Office of Communications including but not limited to completing expense reports, tracking budgets and expenses, and submitting vendor requests for payment.
- Assist department leadership in calendaring on an as needed basis
- Write and create a variety of different content to support communications
- Create visually compelling assets for use on social media and web properties
- Explore possible development of TiKtok or other new social media strategy
- Organize asset Library
- Assist with other external and internal communications duties as needed
- BA degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or related field
- Strong writing skills, a high level of creativity and the ability to think analytically
- Knowledge of social media platforms and analytics, including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
- Experience with TikTok content development
- Attention to detail, time management and ability to work with colleagues in various departments and capacities are essential
- Knowledge of Canva, Wordpress, Microsoft Office Suite and other similar tools
- Knowledge of email marketing software a plus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Director of Advancement
This position reports to the VP for Advancement who in coordination with will identify and cultivate donors and implement targeted solicitation strategies designed to maintain and increase giving. The Director will plan and execute fundraising strategies and activities for various departments and programs of AJU and develop both long and short-range operational plans to strengthen, grow and track the progress of gifts. The Director will maintain an updated list of prospects; devise effective donor strategies and recognition opportunities. The director will oversee planned giving marketing strategies in partnership with an external vendor.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and research potential gift opportunities for specific departments and programs of the University. In consultation with the Vice President for Advancement, solicit donors and prospects. (See attachment).
- Plan, organize, and help to implement all fundraising activities for donors including but not limited to special events, donor recognition, house parties, and cultivation visits.
- Guide the prospect management work of the Dean and/or Director of the assigned school or program, including the identification of prospects and appropriate cultivation moves. In coordination with members of the Advancement Team, implement and execute on a moves management system within Raiser’s Edge/NXT and ensure donor moves and touches are tracked.
- Provide advisory board support for assigned programs. Cultivate and solidify relationships with members of these boards.
- Work with appropriate staff to ensure that donors remain connected to AJU and in a position to better understand the positive impact of their gifts.
- Cultivate and maintain community relationships and outreach. May research and reach out to potential corporate sponsors or contributors.
- Oversee the strategy and copy for planned giving communication, and support colleagues in incorporating planned giving solicitations as part of their donor management plans.
- Supervise other Advancement Staff members as assigned.
- Participate in advancement-related functions such as marketing, social media, design/preparation of print materials, event logistics, and post-event follow-up based on individual skills and University and department needs.
- Special projects as assigned by the Vice President for Advancement.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Five years of work experience in a fundraising-related capacity
- Proven track record of raising funds from diverse sources, preferably in the non-profit education and/or Jewish community
- Experience in donor cultivation, stewardship, and special events
- Planned giving experience preferred
- Good organizational and administrative skills including the ability to multi-task
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge or other donor management software
Status: Full Time