American Jewish University is always seeking exceptional people to help fulfill our mission. If you're interested in working for AJU, feel free to email your resume or contact the Department of Human Resources at hraju.edu.
Associate Director of Advancement
For information or to apply for this position, please click on the following: Job Description and How to Apply for Associate Director of Advancement.
American Jewish University (AJU) is seeking a bright and personable Associate Director of Advancement. This position reports to the Director of Advancement and will partner with University talent (Deans and Directors) to build support for key University initiatives. The Associate Director is a relationship ninja who creatively identifies and engages new networks of supporters for the AJU. The Associate Director has innovative ideas for fun and compelling events to both attract prospects and thank existing donors. This position deftly utilizes the donor data base and analytics to track donor strategies, interactions, gifts and prospects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and research potential prospects and gift opportunities for specific departments and programs of the University. In consultation with Director of Advancement, solicit donors and prospects.
- Plan, organize and help to implement all fundraising activities for donors including but not limited to special events, donor recognition, house parties, and cultivation visits.
- Guide the prospect management work of the Dean and/or Director of assigned school or program, including the identification of prospects and appropriate cultivation moves. In coordination with members of Advancement Team, implement and execute on a moves management system within Raiser’s Edge and ensure donor moves and touches are tracked.
- Provide advisory board support for assigned programs. Cultivate and solidify relationships with members of these boards.
- Work with appropriate staff to ensure that donors remain connected to AJU and in a position to better understand the positive impact of their gifts.
- Participate in advancement-related functions such as marketing, social media, design/preparation of print materials, event logistics and post-event follow-up based on individual skills and University and department needs.
- Special projects as assigned by the Director
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Five years of work experience in a fundraising related capacity
- Proven track record of raising funds from diverse sources, preferably in the non-profit education and/or Jewish community
- Experience in donor cultivation, stewardship and special events
- Good organizational and administrative skills including the ability to multi-task
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge
- Salary dependent upon experience
Senior Director of Hospitality Services
For information or to apply for this position, please click on the following: Senior Director of Hospitality Services.
Reporting to the Vice President for the Brandeis-Bardin Campus of American Jewish University, the Senior Director of Hospitality Services for the Brandeis-Bardin Campus is a full-time position that will be responsible for Brandeis-Bardin Campus conference and retreat rentals, events, and food services. The Brandeis-Bardin Campus, located on 2,800 picturesque acres in Simi Valley, California, is an internationally-known center for experiential education and a sought-after destination for camps, conferences, retreats, life-cycle events, and special occasions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead all sales and marketing efforts to achieve maximum space utilization and guest satisfaction by renting and coordinating conference, retreats, and events throughout the Brandeis-Bardin Campus.
- In partnership with staff at the University’s Familian Campus, promote and market its spaces to maximize AJU’s earned revenue for hospitality services.
- Supervise directly and work in partnership with Brandeis-Bardin Campus’s Director of Food Services, Retreats and Events Manager, Director of Programming, and Conference Coordinator to provide outstanding service and delightful experiences for new and returning clients and guests.
- Establish and deliver a high standard of food quality for all campus users and guests.
- Develop a comprehensive marketing and sales strategy that will increase revenue from rentals and event management.
- Conduct tours for prospective clients and advance institutional relationships with existing clients.
- Implement conference and event management software solutions.
- Manage all Hospitality Services budgets and oversee contracts, invoicing, and vendor relationships.
- Establish ambitious yet achievable performance benchmarks in the following areas:
- Lead to sales conversion rates
- Cost of goods and food production costs
- Client satisfaction and NPS (net promoter score)
- Space capacity utilization
- In close partnership with the Brandeis-Bardin Campus Director of Operations, establish a productive and collaborative work dynamic related to facility maintenance, housekeeping, and staffing.
- Ensure the Hospitality department is a service-oriented unit that will provide high-quality customer experiences and will generate customer loyalty.
- Enforce adherence to regulations and quality standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned in furtherance of the Brandeis-Bardin Campus operation and experience.
- Hands-on experience in customer service and direct sales.
- Demonstrated performance in implementing hospitality best practices.
- Knowledge of quality standards associated with conference and retreat center administration, event management, food production, and customer service.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Creativity, determination, and the ability to motivate and inspire others.
- The Senior Director will be required to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in the hospitality industry (conference/retreat center setting preferred but not required).
- MBA or Master of Management in Hospitality preferred but not required