Welcome! The Office of Institutional Effectiveness (OIE) achieves American Jewish University’s (AJU) mission, values, and institutional learning outcomes by providing leadership data and support in assessment, institutional research, planning, and accreditation. The mission of the OIE is to support and assure academic quality, institutional and educational effectiveness, and institutional integrity at AJU. The OIE at AJU is comprised of two main functions: Institutional Research and Assessment.
About AJU’s Institutional Research
Institutional Research involves analyzing and disseminating data that is relevant to daily and strategic University operations. The data is used to inform university planning as well as the role, mission, and operations of AJU. Our goal is to maintain transparency by making this information available to university officials and the public.
About AJU’s Assessment
AJU employs a systematic assessment process that guides and directs improvements for the University. This includes using data for decision-making, program evaluation, outcomes assessment, and strategic planning. At AJU, there are four main types of assessment that occur to provide us with evidence of how they align with the AJU’s Mission. For AJU, the process of assessment is vital to the continuous cycle of improvement.
- Institutional Learning Outcomes Assessment – this process involves an assessment of how an academic program is achieving knowledge, skills, and attitudes that students should value, expect to know, and be able to do upon completion of their degrees and programs from American Jewish University.
- Program Learning Outcomes Assessment – this process involves an assessment of how an academic program’s courses are achieving the program’s learning outcomes.
- Academic Program Review – this process involves a program conducting a self-study and is designed to evaluate and enhance the quality of academic programs through a focus on course learning outcomes, evidence-based decisions, and integration with institutional and School planning.
- Student Services Departmental Outcomes Assessment – this process involves understanding how AJU’s student servicing departments are achieving their objectives, goals, and outcomes.
For any questions, please contact Danielle Sassman, Dean of Institutional Effectiveness at danielle.sassman [at] aju.edu or 310-440-1519.
Assessment Documents & Templates
- Course Learning Outcomes vs Program Learning Outcomes
- AJU Syllabus Template – Updated Fall 2023 (Word)
- AJU Curriculum Map Courses to PLOs Template
- PLO Assessment Report Template (Word)
- PLO Assessment Report Template (pdf)
- Comprehensive Assessment Plan Template (Excel)
- Student Services Department Assessment Report Template (Word)
- Student Services Department Assessment Report Template (pdf)
- Academic Programs Assessment
- Student Service Departments Assessment
- Institutional Learning Outcomes Assessment
- AJU Campus Climate Surveys
- AJU Student Achievement Facts
- AJU College Navigator Information
- AJU Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Reporting
- WASC Senior College and University Commission – Key Indicators Dashboard
- AJU College Scorecard Information
- WASC Senior College and University Commission - AJU Directory Information
- Academic Program Review
Historical AJU Assessment & Program Review Documents
- AJU CAS Undergraduate Degrees Program Learning Outcomes - All Programs
- AJU CAS Curriculum Maps Courses to PLOs - All Programs
- AJU CAS Curriculum Maps CAS Learning Outcomes to PLOs - All Programs
- AJU CAS Curriculum Maps WSCUC Core Competencies to PLOs - All Programs
- AJU GCJE Mission, Goals, and Program Learning Outcomes - MAEd and MAT
- AJU GCJE Curriculum Map Courses to PLOs - MAEd Program
- AJU GSNPM Goals and Programs Learning Outcomes - MBA Program
- AJU GSNPM Curriculum Map Courses to PLOs - MBA Program
- AJU ZSRS Mission, Goals, and Program Learning Outcomes - MA Program
- AJU ZSRS Curriculum Map Courses to PLOs - MA Program